Saturday, May 29, 2010

Vaccinated!

Yesterday, Shea and I went to our local travel clinic and received all of our vaccinations (aka shots!) for our trip to Ethiopia. Shea was lucky because when he traveled to Africa in 2004 he had to get a round of shots, and most of them were still good. So he ended up with only 2 - Hep A (2nd dose) and typhoid. I, however, ended up with 6! And for those of you who know me and how much I hate shots, it was not fun at all. The whole time I kept trying to think, "This is for Truman, this is for Truman..." Somebody at work told me to think of it as my form of "labor", and if that's the case, I'm sure I got off extremely easy! Anyway, I ended up with Hep A (1st dose), typhoid, yellow fever, polio (adult dose), tetanus, and meningitis. We actually both thankfully responded well to the vaccinations - no problems except sore arms! We also received prescriptions for malaria medication and cipro (which helps with traveler's diarrhea). So we should be all set now. It was a little intense to get all of the shots in one sitting, but we're both glad that we are done now! One step closer to our little guy! And no, we are not going to subject you to pictures of us getting shots in our arms :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment