Thursday, September 30, 2010

Vaccinations: Take 1

Today was Truman's first doctor's appointment with his physician in Greensboro. Daddy was working so Momma had to take him on her own. Overall, the appointment went well. Truman checked in at 78th percentile for weight, 50th percentile for height, and 50th percentile for head circumference. His new doctor declared him to be in excellent health. Luckily, I really liked his doctor. She was recommended to me by a coworker, one of the main reasons being that 7 months ago she adopted her daughter from Ethiopia. It was great to have a physician who knows exactly what we are going through - it really made me feel comfortable and made her advice seem that much better :-) She was also able to hook us up with a connection to a local group of fellow adoptive parents, so I am really excited about future get togethers!

The only downside to the appointment was that Truman had to start getting his vaccinations. While we are pretty sure he had some in Ethiopia (like the BCG), we don't have any record of them so we have to start from scratch. Today he got 4 shots - Hep B, Flu, Pneumococcal, and DTaP. It was a little rough, but Truman handled it like a champ (I think I was more upset than he was!) They also ordered more bloodwork (ick!) so we'll have to go get that done next week - I will definitely be bringing Shea along for that one as I don't do well with all these needles!

After we got home, Truman got pretty cranky and started running a bit of a fever. After some baby Tylenol and a lot of rocking, he feel asleep for the night at 5pm. I have a feeling we'll be paying for that later, but after the trauma of the day I'm just happy he's comfortable and sleeping! Man, we love that little boy more than life itself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment