Sunday, October 17, 2010

Work Starts Monday...

Tomorrow I go back to work, which means that Truman will start daycare 4 days a week - eek! Shea and I are both feeling so many mixed emotions about this big life change. These past almost-4 months have been absolutely the best months of our lives (I feel like I always sound so cheesy on this blog, but I really do mean every word of it!) We both know that this will be a huge transition for all of us, but hopefully Shea and I will take the changes harder than Truman. Our little guy has been through so many transitions in his 8 months of life and we both feel bad about having to put him through another one, but we are taking comfort in the fact that he is probably the most easy-going and resilient fellow that we have ever met. Also, the daycare we chose is so great, and every time we visited it with Truman we could tell he felt comfortable and safe there. Actually, he always insisted that we put him down so that he could play with the other babies - definitely a good sign! We're also trying to take comfort in the fact that we both LOVE what we do. If I did not like my job, I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to make myself go back to work!

So tomorrow everything will change. I'm sure it will take a bit of time to get used to it all, but I'm hoping that with time it will feel alright. Wish us luck as we start this new journey, tomorrow's going to be a tough day!

No comments:

Post a Comment