Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mommy Talk

Today was a big day at the Bernard-Bigsby household - for the first time ever, Truman said "Mama"! And he didn't just say it once, he said it all day long, usually while looking straight at his proud mama :-) Then tonight at dinner, we were feeding Truman scrambled eggs for the first time and I turned to Shea and said "I think he likes it", and I kid you not Truman said "I like it". Shea and I just looked at each other in astonishment - it was truly weird. While we couldn't get him to repeat the phrase, it's fun how he is really starting to imitate our speech. (This was the second time we've ever heard him string together more than one word - a couple of weeks ago he said "Hi Daddy"). After dinner, we skyped a bit with Grandma Bernard (we are just learning how to skype - I'll post more about that later!) and Grandma B blew Truman a kiss, and then he puckered his beautiful little lips and kissed towards the screen - so sweet! Everyday Truman is growing by leaps and bounds, and watching him is truly the joy of our lives!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment